Thursday, April 2, 2009

Overall Experience in Micro-Teaching

Finally it was a sense of relieve that I've longed for the past few weeks. THE MICRO-TEACHING IS OVER !!!! This experience was an un-ordinary one because I believe not many of us can take the stress of doing 3 different micro-teaching in one shot, with different expectations of lecturers and different subjects. Sometimes its just plain confusing because we simply could not make clear between what this micro-teaching requires and what that micro-teaching wants !

However I could say that micro-teaching for this subject is the most less brain-cracking one because we don't really need to worry about the input part. The other micro-teaching require us to think of the input that we should give to our students and think of ways to deliver them, and we have to think of activities to reinforce that input. However, as for this case,the micro-teaching only requires us to brain-storm for activities that are more content-focusedm meaning we have no need to divert our attention to to other language elements in a typical English classroom.

Personally I enjoyed this micro-teaching the most because the process of brain-storming is always the most fun one. I've always need to imagine the situation in classroom when I'm designing certain activities and to anticipate their responses to prevent any boring and monotonous activities. Therefore I'm always having "illusion" when I'm brain-storming, and that had really dragged long my whole preparation for this micro-teaching task.

In this final reflection too I would like to again point out my own strengths and weaknesses. My strengths would be my lanaguage proficiency where I have no problem in giving clear instructions to my students and also my organization of my activities. However, my proficiency level at the same time become my weakness because it would be quite hard for me to lower down my language if my target students are from lower preficiency, making my lesson difficult for them to digest and accept. So from this I had realized that audience awareness is very important in a teaching process because we must always cater the need and proficiency level of our students so that they can receive input from us at the most optimum level.

Therefore, as a conclusion, I would say that this entire micro-teaching process had taught me a lot of new things and I had definitely gained greater insights in how to be a better teacher in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment